This week we’re highlighting a set of “Parent’s Guide to Choosing Childcare” tip sheets from our friends at the Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division. They’re designed to assist parents in finding a “just right” fit for their childcare needs. The tip sheets include all kinds of links to important sites and PDF documents that will answer all kinds of childcare questions. Even better, the tip sheets are available in five different languages: English, Spanish, Chinese, Farsi/Dari, and Russian. Check them out and pass them along to the families you serve. Also, let us know what you think of these resources in the comments below.
The ICC-Recommended Early Start Personnel Manual (ESPM) describes core knowledge and role-specific competencies needed for early intervention service provision, incorporating current research and evidence in the field of early intervention. To access the ESPM, CLICK HERE.
This resource is related to the following ESPM knowledge-level competencies:
- Identification and Referral (IR):
- IR4 (EIS): Knows resource options for services and supports (other than Early Start) in the county/area of residence.
- Evaluation and Assessment (EA):
- EA4 (EIS): Knows strategies that support parents/caregivers in identifying and articulating their concerns about their infant/toddler’s development and needs.
- Individualized Family Service Plan Development and Review (IFSP-DR):
- IFSP-DR1 (EIS): Knows community agencies and resources such as primary health care, infant/family mental health, social services and parent-parent support groups.
- Individualized Family Service Plan Implementation (IFSP-i):
- IFSP-i10 (EIS): Knows strategies that support parents in providing basic health, nutrition, and safety for infants and toddlers in natural environments.