To receive an e-mail whenever a new item is added, just click the “Follow” button at the very bottom of this page.
These information-packed documents from the U.S., Department of Health and Human Services offer “tips to help caregivers use co-regulation to support early development of self-regulation skills” in infants and toddlers. Aimed at practitioners who work in childcare or other caregiving settings, the tips cover evidence-based practices in six broad topics:
- Start with you;
- Establish a warm and responsive relationship with each child;
- Create calm and structured childcare environments;
- Respond with warmth and structure during stressful moments;
- Work closely with parents; and
- Cultivate a sense of community.
These documents also include definitions, real-world examples, and strategies to try right away. Dive in to your appropriate age group and leave us a comment about the piece of information you are most excited to have discovered.
This resource is related to one or more competencies in the ICC-Recommended Early Start Personnel Manual (ESPM). To find out more, visit this resource in the Neighborhood here.