To receive an e-mail whenever a new item is added, just click the “Follow” button at the very bottom of this page.
This week on the Neighborhood, we are recognizing Black Maternal Health Week (BMHW; April 11-17) and sharing resources on improving outcomes for Black mothers and addressing racial disparities in maternal health and mental health care. This year marks the fourth annual national BMHW campaign, sponsored by the Black Mamas Matter Alliance. Below are some of the many available resources on Black maternal health; visit the Black Mamas Matter Alliance website for more resources.
- Black Maternal Health Week on the Department of Developmental Services website: https://www.dds.ca.gov/services/early-start/resources-for-families-parents-caregivers/
- About Black Maternal Health (US House of Representatives): https://blackmaternalhealthcaucus-underwood.house.gov/about-black-maternal-health
- Racial Disparities Persist in Maternal Morbidity, Mortality, and Infant Health (American Journal of Managed Care): https://www.ajmc.com/view/racial-disparities-persist-in-maternal-morbidity-mortality-and-infant-health
- Tackling Disparities in Black Maternal Health (University of Chicago Medicine): https://www.uchicagomedicine.org/forefront/womens-health-articles/disparities-black-maternal-health
- Listening to Mothers in California (California Health Care Foundation): https://www.chcf.org/collection/listening-to-mothers-in-california/
- California Birth Equity Collaborative: https://www.cmqcc.org/content/birth-equity