To receive an e-mail whenever a new item is added, just click the “Follow” button at the very bottom of this page.
The Resource Guide to Initiatives and Programs to Support Social-Emotional Development in Infants and Toddlers was developed by the Department of Developmental Services (DDS), the California Interagency Coordinating Council (ICC) and the WestEd Center for Prevention & Early Intervention (CPEI) for local programs implementing the State Systemic Improvement Plan (SSIP). This Resource Guide presents three primary resources that local implementers can access to improve social-emotional development of the infants and toddlers served by Early Start in their regions.
You can view, download or print the 4-page document below.
- Core Knowledge (CK):
- CK2: The role of primary social and emotional relationships as the foundation for early learning.
- Individualized Family Service Plan Development and Review (IFSP-DR):
- IFSP-DR5: Has basic knowledge of intervention strategies used in everyday routines, relationships, activities, places and partnerships.
- Individualized Family Service Plan Development and Review (IFSP-i):
- IFSP-i3: Is familiar with generic and specific evidence-based early intervention strategies to support all areas of development.
- IFSP-i9: Is familiar with models and approaches to home visiting and in-home interaction strategies.